Our environment is making our planet choke and this needs to be changed at the quickest possible time. We have already destroyed our environments from our own hands. So, we need to find a solution at the earliest to recover from the damage done If we do not take our steps back, it might be too late for the present and the future to survive from its consequences.
You might have already got the shocks of warning from the environment itself in the form of floods, storms, earthquakes, and many other natural disasters. All of this can take a severe face and literally destroy the planet completely. There is no shame in saying that if we do not change the way we are then we do deserve these causes and the damage will be bigger in the near future.
A Perfect Solution For Environment’s Recovery
Fortunately, there are companies who are highly investing in ways with which the condition of the planet can be improved. One such solution to it has to be hemp. It is the answer to all your problems related to the planet and the environment.
In fact, from ancient times, people are making the most of its commercial, medicinal, and industrial properties. Now, it is high time that we use it in the favor of the planet. Already a lot of damage has been done but with the use of hemp, things can recover a lot quicker. This amazing crop is helping industries around the world benefit from eco-friendly and sustainable products.
The best part of cultivating hemp is that it will not need any particular type of soil or climate. You can get cultivated in any part of the world. It is eventually the ideal alternative and effective source of products in three different sectors, and they are:
When it comes to woody hemp plants, they are very low in moisture when compared to other plants. So, it will get dried quickly and is one of the effective biomass resources of methanol. In fact, the waste products generated with the use of hemp oil are also considered to be the best source of ethanol.
Both methanol and ethanol are coming out from the use of hemp and this is done with the assistance of thermo-chemical conversions. You will find the 1 acre of hemp will be yielding around 3780 liters or 1000 gallons of fuel. It will allow a lot less dependence on fossil fuels that are non-renewable and play a big role when it comes to damaging the planet through global warming.
Another major reason why you must not hesitate and consider shifting towards hemp is that it can help you with the manufacturing of paper. The reason behind it is because it carries a low amount of lignin content when compared to wood. This means that it can be converted to pulp a lot quicker and convincingly.
Not only this, but the pulp produced will also not require chlorine bleaching. This is taken into consideration in traditional paper mills. It will release a toxic substance acknowledged as dioxin right in the environment. When it comes to hemp, it is also compatible with new soy-based binders when compared to harsh binders that provide formaldehyde. It will help you in dealing with air pollution and various other health hazards to animal and human life.
In fact, when it comes to the quality of the paper that is acquired from hemp, it is a lot more durable and will not fade away with time. Not only this, there can be a lot more than you can avail with the use of hemp product and it can be recycled around 7 to 8 times when compared to the tree-paper that can only recycle only 3 papers.
Another major use of hemp is in the form of construction. In fact, it has been seen that even fiberboards can be made with the use of hemp-based composites. When compared to other forms, hemp-based fiberboards are a lot stronger and lighter. So, you can avoid using construction materials made from wood and this can literally put an end to deforestation.
The mixture of hemp fiber and lime actually brings out insulating and sound-proofing material that is lighter and durable when it compares to other forms of concrete that even cause damage to the planet. In fact, if you replace wood and concrete with hempcrete, the amount of waste will also be reduced quite significantly.
In fact, it has been seen that the homes that are constructed with hempcrete are carrying attributes like better thermal insulation. Not only this, but the amount of fuel consumed will also be very low. You can also consider making bio-based plastics with the use of hemp fibers and all these products are quite strong when compared to fiberglass. So, this shows how hemp can be an ideal alternative as a construction material resource. These are economical and will play a major role in protecting the environment.
How Hemp Drastically Improves Our Environment?
There are many more ways with which hemp can make things change in the favor of our environment and help us get our planet back on its feet. If you are thinking how then take a look at the below-mentioned points:
1. The biggest advantage that you get with hemp is that it will completely replace trees as the source of different raw materials. We are using wood for different purposes and this is leading to deforestation. So, we need to be careful and ensure that the trees are safe. This is when hemp can be used as an alternative as it will help you with all the resources as provided by trees and that too of better quality and in a lot quicker time.
2. When you are burning hemp for fuel, it will release carbon dioxide but it will be absorbed by the plants and it can also be harvested for the next 120 days. This shows how quick growth averts any kind of carbon dioxide build. Not only this, but it is also a very leafy plant that will play a big role in the contribution of oxygen to the atmosphere. So, whatever amount of oxygen is lost, you will have it back with the assistance of hemp. In this way, the amount of global warming impact will also be reduced.
3. Another way that hemp helps in protecting the environment is by getting the air pollution down by a big margin. It is very much resistant to pests and will not require any kind of pesticides and herbicides during the process of cultivation. Not only this, a very low amount of fertilizers will be required as the abundant leaves might fall into the soil and will release the needed minerals and nutrients. This might create soil with the required nutrients and minerals, thereby creating better soil tilth. When it comes to flax and cotton, they are consuming around 50 percent of the pesticides but if we replace the same with hemp for the production of paper, cloth, and other products, things can certainly come under control.
4. Another major benefit that you get with hemp is in the form of soil enrichment. It is cultivated quite vigorously and dense. When it comes to sunlight, it cannot penetrate the plants to move towards the ground, and this actually means that the crop is completely free of weeds. Not only this, the deep roots of hemp are actually using groundwater and get the salinity down to zero. In fact, topsoil erosion is also quite limited and this will play a big role in getting the water pollution down by a big margin. This shows how hemp can play a big role in the improvement of the environment through soil enrichment.
5. You will also find fabrics made of hemp will not have any kind of chemical residue. So, it will get a lot safer for the consumers to use the same without having to stress about any kind of issues related to UV rays. You will have your skin protected from the harmful sun rays and it will also remain a lot more durable compared to other products.
This shows how hemp products are literally making a huge impact in improving the environment and helping the planet to survive from all the damage. These plants are good enough to be reused, recycled, and are completely biodegradable. So, these are the reasons why the commercial and industrial demand for hemp is getting higher with every passing day. It will certainly work out well in protecting the environment and help us have a greener and cleaner planet for the upcoming future.
Hemp In India is one of the best companies in the business when it comes to working in the production of hemp. There are a number of farmers working in Uttarakhand growing hemp in large masses so that the industries can benefit and the world can become a better place to live in. Let us all support this and bring a change to save our mother planet from all the damage done.